translated using Google Translator
Articles of Incorporation
§ 1 Name, legal form, registered office
(1) The association bears the name "Shaolin Europe Association (SEA), according to his entry in the register by the words" registered association ".
(2) The association has its headquarters in Berlin. He is registered in the register of the Local Court of Berlin-Charlottenburg.
(3) The financial year of the Association shall be the calendar year.
§ 2 profit
(1) The Association is active and pursues exclusively and directly charitable purposes within the meaning of § 52 of the Tax Code.
(2) The Association does not pursue its own economic objectives, its resources must be used in compliance with the principles of economic action and sound financial management for statutory purposes.
(3) The members shall receive no share of profits and in their capacity as members of any benefits from the association. You are not entitled to its assets upon their departure or termination of the association.
(4) No person shall be favored by expenditures that are related to the purpose of the association or from disproportionately high remuneration.
§ 3 Purpose and Tasks
(1) The Association promotes peace, international understanding and human health through the teaching and dissemination of the Shaolin culture in Europe. The Shaolin culture is supported and shaped by its three pillars, the Chan (Zen) Buddhism, the pursuit of physical health maintenance and healing of Shaolin medicine. The Chan (Zen) Buddhism in Philosophy of Shaolin
includes elements of Taoism and Confucianism, points the way to mental and spiritual development. Specific expression (exercise) forms are in addition to the meditation and the Way of Tea, and calligraphy. For the column of the physical health of the Shaolin culture has particular forms of expression and exercise of the practice, promotion and maintenance of the martial arts (Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Qi Gong) pronounced. The Shaolin medicine is medicine as part of traditional Chinese medicine, special care by promoting both the traditional as well as by adjusting
and further brought contrary. The three pillars of Shaolin culture form a path to the unity of body, mind and soul. Task of the association is to carry out scientific work, events, seminars and publications
to learn about the origin and meaning of the Shaolin culture,
demonstrate the importance of this traditional Chinese culture in today's society, especially in their ideological and health aspects,
to convey the specific expression and exercise forms of Shaolin culture to interested parties,
by maintaining dialogue and cooperation with other spiritual groups, religious communities and interested scientific and charitable and social institutions contribute to intercultural understanding.
(2) The purposes are to be achieved, inter alia:
extensive publicity and education work;
Organization of events, seminars and workshops, the principles and contents of the Shaolin culture and its expressions and convey their application;
Organization of competitions;
Promotion of sport in general and in particular in the field of child and youth work
Promotion and implementation of European-Chinese encounters;
Care of contacts and collaborations with institutions and public bodies in Europe and beyond, involved with the association's purpose in context.Unless the organization does not perceive these tasks yourself, he will instruct third parties to perform its duties in accordance with § 57 Section 1 Sentence 2 AO.
(3) The association may also assign resources to other tax-exempt entities and public bodies to promote their tax-exempt purposes within the meaning of § 58 No. 1 and 2 AO.
§ 4 members
Bodies of the Association are:
the General Assembly
§ 5 members
(1) The association consists of ordinary members.
(2) Ordinary Members may be:
Abbot of the Shaolin Temple Songshang, Henan / China
unincorporated associations that support the goals of the association.
5.1 Admission of Members
(1) The application for admission must be submitted indicating the name of the institution, address and naming the authorized representative. With the request of the applicant accepts the statutes in the event of his recording. The Board decides on the admission, he is not obliged to disclose any reasons for refusal.
(2) The members undertake to pay the annual membership fee, the amount of which is determined by the General Assembly. The abbot of the Shaolin Temple Songshang, Henan / China is exempt from the obligation to pay the membership fees.
(3) Honorary members may be elected on the proposal of the Executive Board by simple majority of the General Assembly.
5.2 Termination of Membership
(1) Membership is terminated by dissolution or termination of the organization, by exclusion or withdrawal from the association.
(2) The resignation must be in writing. You must provide the Board at least for 31.10. one year and will then be effective for the following calendar year.
(3) An exclusion may be
a) in the case of a serious breach of the authority and the objectives of the Association
b) in the case of the residue with the membership fee for a period of two years or in the amount of membership fees corresponding to those of a period of two years, if the late payment was urged.
The exclusion in this case is by a majority vote of the Board.
5.3 Rights and obligations of members
(1) The members of the Association recognize the Songshang Shaolin Temple in Henan Province of the People's Republic of China as the world's only sacred birthplace of Chan (Zen) Buddhism and the only carrier of Shaolin culture and benefit from the teachings and arts of 1500 year-old Shaolin culture.
(2) They respect the three jewels and agree to respect the four gratitudes and the five precepts (moral rules of the Buddhists) to follow beyond the six bodhisattva virtues. The Three Jewels are the Buddha, Dharma (Buddha's teachings) and the Sangha (the community of the Awakened). The four gratitudes commit to be the motherland grateful to the teachers and masters to be grateful to his parents and to be grateful for the historical Buddha grateful. The five commandments to the people, not to kill, not to steal, not to commit sexual misconduct, not to make relations to express the suffering of others or cause itself, no falsehood and to take any intoxicating substances to himself.
The six bodhisattva virtues donations are:
Pure ethical principles,
Meditiation, development of perfect concentration,
§ 6 General Assembly
(1) The Annual General Meeting is held annually. An extraordinary general meeting must be convened if the interest of the association so requires or if the convening of one-tenth of the members is required, stating the purpose and reasons.
(2) The General Assembly is convened by the Board in writing. Between the dispatch of the invitation to the club last known address of the member and the meeting a period of two months must be. In the invitation time, place and agenda of the meeting must be given. An invitation via email to the club the last known email address of the member is sufficient.
(3) The General Assembly is led by the club chairman, in his absence, by another member of the board. Are all board members prevented Assembly elects the members of their number as chairman.
(4) Any duly invited members meeting is quorate. Decisions of the General Assembly are taken by a simple majority of votes of the members present or represented. Abstentions and invalid votes are not taken into account. Club members who have more than 300 own members may send two representatives to the General Assembly, each with its own vote. Club members who themselves have more than 500 members may send three representatives to the General Assembly, each with its own vote. Amending the articles of association a majority of 2/3 of the members present or represented is required, the same applies to a change in the association's purpose, resolution, and the merger of the Association.
(5) the manner of voting is determined by the chairman. The election must be conducted by secret ballot where 10% of the members present at the meeting demand it.
(6) The decisions of the General Assembly is to establish a protocol that is to be signed by the chairman. In the protocol, time, place of the meeting and each vote must be recorded.
§ 7 Board
(1) The abbot of the Songshan Shaolin Temple in Henan / China, His Holiness the Venerable Shi Yong Xin, is president of the association. He is the highest representative of the association, but not board within the meaning of § 26 BGB.
(2) The Board of the Association is appointed and dismissed by the abbot of the Songshan Shaolin Temple in Henan / China, His Holiness, Venerable Shi Yong Xin. The term of office of the Board shall be two years. A abberufener Board will remain in office until a new board is appointed by the abbot of the Songshan Shaolin Temple.
(3) The board consists of the chairman. The association is represented in court and out of court by the Chairman.
(4) The Board shall appoint the special representative within the meaning of § 30 BGB, a managing director, called General. This worried the business of the association. He participates in the meetings of the Board without voting rights.
§ 8 auditors
Over the years, the General Assembly an auditor for a period of two years shall be chosen who is not member of the board. The auditor's job, at the end of each fiscal year to consider invoice documents and their proper accounting and use of funds, and in particular to determine the statutory and fiscally correct use of funds. The audit does not extend to the usefulness of the costs incurred by the board tasks. The auditor shall inform the General Assembly on the outcome of cash audit.
§ 9 Dissolution of the Association and asset seizure
(1) On the dissolution of the association can only be a general meeting convened for this purpose, acting by a majority of 2/3 of the voting members present. The General Assembly shall appoint a liquidator at least for the settlement of the association.
(2) Upon the dissolution or annulment of the Association or loss of tax-privileged purposes his fortune to the Friends of Shaolin Temple falls Association, Bundesallee 215, 10719 Berlin, registered in the register of the local court of Charlottenburg VR 26014B, who has to use it directly and exclusively for tax-exempt purposes .
The above changes to the Articles were adopted by the Assembly on Sep 09, 2012.